Thursday 28 October 2010

Project

For this project I have decided to use maya to create a well performed series of animations that will focus on using the characters body language, gestures and expressions to convey the characters emotions.

Emotion is used all the time in animation and using the character's body to help portray that emotion can really make a differance in a film therefore in order to get the best from my animation I will be studying the movement and actions of my characters as well as looking at previous successful attempts, to see how I could improve my animation. I will also be looking at the work of Ed Hooks and Paul Wells who have both used body language and acting to help animators realise the importance of showing an emotion.

I hope that this project will allow me to improve all my maya skills especially the modelling and animating aspects as I enjoy modelling in maya and need to improve on my animation skills. I will keep my animation short and simple and produce a good quality piece of work that can show a range of skills.

When I come to design my final characters I will design them differently so that they have thier own personality and design. The animations will be short scenes that explore different emotions as a complete story isn't needed to explore the idea of how emotions are used in animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment